Image via Wikipedia
Making the decision to attend rehab is a difficult one and one that can change your life. Once you have selected a facility, all that is left is packing. Determining what to bring to rehab may seem like a difficult chore, but it really isn’t. Follow a few simple guidelines to make this part of your recovery much easier.
- Follow The Rules: You will be given a list of items you cannot bring to rehab. This will include anything from over the counter medications to spray deodorant. Remember that all rehab facilities will go through your luggage when you check in, so be sure to follow the list.
- Bring Your Comfort: If you have a favorite blanket, pillow, or other comfort item, be sure to back it, along with pictures of family and friends. These items will help make your rehab facility a bit like home.
- Comfortable Clothing: You are not at rehab to attend a fashion show, so keep your clothing choices simple and comfortable. Many facilities focus on physical exercise as well, so be sure to bring clothing that is suitable.
- Address Book: While you will likely be under some restrictions about telephone calls, letter writing is often encouraged, so be sure to bring along addresses of your friends and family.
- Medications: If you are taking prescription medications for a medical condition, be sure to bring it. You can’t keep the medication in your room, but a medical dispenser y will be sure you take your required dosage.